Sunday 13 May 2012

His Wise Words - My Amethyst


His Wise Words - My Amethyst Vintage floral jacket / Old Blossom Box Tulle skirt / Zara drainpipe skinny / Vincci ballerina pumps / unbranded paperboy bag / f21 bangle

by Rabya Hasan, Pakistan

Who took care of me since I was born?
To always keep me safe, on his life he has sworn,
Always there to help me out,
Always gentle, never shouts,
He never gets tired of our little childish ways,
And loves us more, by all the passing days,
He always shows me the better things of life, and makes me feel smart,
Courage, Independence, Intelligence, all from the start,
Teaches me the importance of life, and how to share,
Help others, and always be there,
Always stay honest, do your best,
The ways you want to be treated, treat the rest,
Don''t worry when starting something new, just stay cool,
Never give up, and always stay by the rule,
All this advice, will help me some time, some day,
When I run out of my ideas, these advice will be the only way,
I''m still a kid, still so childish,
And as I grow up, I have more to accomplish,
These wise words will always help me and guide,
Always make me feel better, and be overcome with pride,
Who told me those precious words? Still wondering? Or I''ll tell you rather,
This all could be from none else, but my own father.

I just happened to browse through poems and this poem actually caught me by the heart as it exactly portrays my daddy in so many ways. I haven't read a poem for so long and now when I do, it really made me teary eyed. Universe, please let me smile again...

No comments:

Post a Comment